Naperville Running Company (NRC), among other things, collects and maintains sensitive personal information. This privacy notice is designed to explain how we collect, use and disclose personal information of prospective, current, and former users of the website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES NRC COLLECT?
NRC collects two types of personal information from you:
• Contact Information - such as your name, address, and telephone number
• Financial Information - such as credit card details and bank account numbers for purchasing merchandise.
HOW DOES NRC USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The primary reasons NRC collects personal information are to (1) enroll you in NRC, (2) promote products and services to you and (3) assist you in the ecommerce checkout phases. In particular:
• Your Contact Information may be used to provide:
• General email communications
• Specific messages about your membership, such as action confirmations
• Your personal information may be used to verify your identity, determine what other products and services might be of interest to you, and for NRC’s internal administrative purposes.
• NRC may contact you by mail, telephone and/or email to better assist you with completing your enrollment, ecommerce transactions or for other marketing purposes.
WHEN DOES NRC SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
NRC may provide your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
• NRC may disclose any personal information (including your Contact Information, Financial Information and other information that you have provided) with any third parties as needed to process your actions and provide the services that you request.
• NRC may disclose any personal information with third parties that are performing services on its behalf. These third parties are required to protect your personal information and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose.
• NRC may disclose any personal information as required or as permitted by law. For example, your information may be disclosed to prevent fraud or in response to a subpoena. NRC may also disclose your information as needed to protect its legal rights and enforce the terms of this Agreement.
• NRC may also provide your personal information to a buyer of the website business or assets.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You have choices with regard to marketing communications and data sharing. In particular:
• You can opt-out of receiving marketing communication from NRC (and its joint marketing partners) by emailing email@example.com.
• You may opt-out of email marketing, by following the opt-out instructions included in every commercial email NRC may send. You may also opt out by sending a written request to NRC at their business address.
HOW DO I UPDATE OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you are a user, please go to the NRC web site, login and click on My Account link. If you are not a user, please send a request to NRC at firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative will be happy to assist you.
HOW DOES NRC PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
NRC takes special steps to protect your information via transmission over the Internet by using a secure web server whenever personal information is submitted online, including contact and payment information. NRC employs a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection that provides an encrypted connection between your computer and runningcompany.com. The 128-bit encrypted connection scrambles ordinary text or data into cyphertext to safeguard sensitive information during its journey across the Internet. All sensitive data stored in our databases is also encrypted via 3DES and MD5 cipher algorithms.